Friday, July 24, 2009

Social Media Breakfast Club




This morning I attended a free Social Media networking club in Melbourne. It was the first time I had attended the breakfast get together and I had a inspirational time. It was great to see so many passionate people of all ages willing to share ideas and chat about all things to do with social technology.

As a newcomer to the club which I fortuitously discovered via #socialmelb on Twitter, the club is friendly and relaxed. I made some time to chat with the organiser Kate Kendal who is the online editor of Marketingmag.com.au and she said the idea behind the meet was for an information conversation for like minded individuals. The club's website reads;

"Tweeters, bloggers, social commentators – come one, come all.
Every Friday morning at 8am Melbourne Social Media experts, newbies and everyone in between is invited to join us at our weekly social media coffee morning.
We enjoy idle chit chat, serious sharing of thoughts and information, a laugh and a smile, and of course, a good brew of coffee"

It was well worth braving the cold early winter morning. I’m so looking forward to the next meet.

No comments: